Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Trump tells Duterte of two U.S. nuclear subs in Korean waters: NYT 05/24/2017WASHINGTON (Reuters) - In a call last month with the Philippines' president, U.S. President Donald Trump described North Korea's leader Kim Jong Un as a "madman with nuclear weapons" who could not be let on the loose, according to a leaked Philippine transcript of their call.
- Arrests in Manchester, Tripoli as police hunt suicide bomber's network 05/24/2017MANCHESTER, England (Reuters) - Police made arrests in Manchester and Tripoli on Wednesday as the investigation into a suicide bomber who killed 22 people at a concert venue packed with children focused on tracking down a network of accomplices who authorities fear could strike again.
- Pope asks Trump to be peacemaker, gives him environmental letter 05/24/2017VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - Pope Francis urged U.S. President Donald Trump to be a peacemaker at their first meeting on Wednesday after they exchanged sharp words last year, and Trump promised he would not forget the pontiff's message.
- Dozens drown off Libya as aid groups denounce Tripoli's coastguard 05/24/2017ROME (Reuters) - More than 30 migrants, mostly toddlers, drowned on Wednesday when about 200 people without life jackets fell from a boat into the sea off the Libyan coast before they could be hauled into waiting rescue boats.
- Trump tells Duterte of two U.S. nuclear subs in Korean waters: NYT 05/24/2017
- Libyan group claims it's holding the brother of Salman Abedi for allegedly plotting new attack 05/24/2017Armed soldiers will be deployed to key sites around the United Kingdom as the country moved to its highest alert level for the first time in a decade following Monday's attack at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester.
- THE SUSPECT: Spent 3 weeks in Libya before bombing 05/24/2017Salman Abedi, the 22-year-old alleged Manchester bomber, traveled to Libya for three weeks, returning to the UK only days before launching his attack, according US military officials assigned to Africa Command.
- ANALYSIS: Why the Libya connection matters 05/24/2017As UK security services investigate what led Salman Abedi, a 22-year-old-British national of Libyan descent, to carry out the deadliest attack on British soil since the London bombings, a key line of inquiry will be what he got up to during the three weeks he spent in Libya before the attack.
- THE ATTACKER: Who is Salman Abedi? 05/24/2017Police have named 22-year-old Salman Abedi as the man suspected of carrying out the deadliest terror attack to hit the UK in 12 years.
- Libyan group claims it's holding the brother of Salman Abedi for allegedly plotting new attack 05/24/2017